CentSense was founded on the principle that MONEY and DEBT have become far too important to be left to chance. CentSense also recognises that for too long, much financial information is:
- Generated to sell specific financial products.
- Developed for adults.
- Failing to recognise that students are already earning money and need clear, concise information for their future financial lives.
CentSense is completely independent.
It will not sell or recommend any products or services.
CentSense is not sponsored by any institution.
This is an independent effort with one main goal:
To help students gain a sound understanding about key areas they will encounter in the coming years, including:
- Credit – what is it and how does it affect almost every aspect of modern day life.
- Debt – good and bad debt. Understanding and managing both.
- Interest - how banks calculate it and how to secure a good deal, without being a money wizard.
- Understanding the impact of credit teaching how to make informed decisions when it comes to managing money.
- The importance of understanding budgeting and simple money management.